Friday, March 23, 2012
8 Best Free Tools To Create Bootable Windows 8 USB Drive
It’s has been proven time and again that the best way to create a bootable Windows USB is to use the native . We have already written a detailed guide to install Windows 7 and Windows 8 from USB flash drive. But all users can’t use the Command Prompt, especially novice users.
There are a number of free tools available to create a bootable Windows USB drive, but only a few utilities offer easy-to-use interface. 8 from a USB drive is significantly faster than from a disc. In no particular order, here are the best free tools available to create bootable Windows 8 USB.
This is by no means a collection of every bootable USB creator out there, but the ones listed here are the top that you will find. While all tools listed here were originally developed to create Windows 7 bootable USB, you can use them to create Windows 8 USB flash drive as well.
1. Microsoft DVD/USB Tool: This is the official utility to create bootable Windows 7 and Windows 8 USB flash drive. A very simple and easy-to-use utility, just like any other Microsoft product. You can check out our detailed guide on how to use Microsoft USB/DVD tool to create bootable Windows USB.
2. WinToFlash: Another efficient tool for making USB bootable. You can either use a Windows 8 ISO file or Windows 8 DVD as source. This tool supports XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems.
3. Passcafe ISO Burner: Unlike other tools, this tool lets you write Windows ISO file to both DVD and USB. That is, you can use this free utility to burn Windows ISO image file on to DVD or transfer Windows setup file to a USB drive as well.
4. Bootable USB Drive Creator: Yet another free tool to write Windows 8 ISO file onto the USB drive within a few minutes. Check out our review of Bootable USB Drive Creator to know more this tool.
5. Setup From USB: Use this tool to transfer Windows setup files onto the USB. This tool doesn’t support ISO image file format. So, you need to extract the ISO file using 7-Zip or WinRAR before using this tool to create a bootable USB
6. Bootsage: It’s been designed to prepare Windows 7/Windows 8 installation flash drive, from a single, simple to use interface.
7. EasyBCD: A very familiar for Windows Vista and Windows 7 users. If you have the latest version of EasyBCD on your PC, you need not to download any other software to make bootable Windows USB. Just follow our how to use EasyBCD software to create bootable USB guide.